Last updated: 7/3/2020
On July 1, 2020 the Commonwealth of Virginia entered Phase Three for safely re-opening the state as we recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of these guidelines relate directly to Sandbridge Dunes (e.g., swimming pool, fitness room, and community room) . Click here to see the Forward Virginia Phase Three Guidelines. The Virginia Beach emergency website for COVID-19 is: https://emergency.vbgov.com/.
Here are some specifics about Sandbridge Dunes:
- Until further notice, all common area surfaces that people frequently touch (i.e., door handles, stairwell railings, and elevator keypads), will be cleaned twice daily, 7-days-per-week, with an EPA-recommended chemical disinfectant. (Note: A link to the EPA's list of disinfectants can be found below).
- The fitness room is closed until further notice.
- The pool is closed until further notice. In the meantime, the pool is being cleaned daily (as if it were open) so that once conditions permit the pool can be opened as soon as possible.
The following additional information is provided as a service to Sandbridge Dunes unit owners:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website has comprehensive information about this outbreak.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has published a list of chemical disinfectants to use against viruses like the one that causes COVID-19.
- Johns Hopkins School of Public Health has a Coronovirus Resource Center, including a worldwide interactive map showing the spread of the disease.
- Community First Management, our condominium management company, has posted COVID-19 related information to their website. Please see their homepage for details.
- Chadwick Washington, a law firm, has distributed information for community association leaders.